Thursday, December 6, 2012

A little of this and a little of that :)

Warning...this post is all over the place!!  I go from salsa to Jesus.  All great, nurturing things!! :)

I recently read that lots of exclamation points are like jazz hands.  I guess I just waved you all some fancy jazz hands in the above sentences. ;-)


I adore all things spicy.  I recently found a recipe for a salsa and had to try it.  It is so yummy and so stinkin' easy to make.  I could probably drink the stuff if no one was around.

Homemade Salsa
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
1 onion, chopped
1 jalepeno, chopped (I used an entire jalepeno and the salsa had quite a kick.  If you aren't a hot lover, try only 1/2 the jalepeno.)
bunch of cilantro, chopped
Garlic powder
Salt
A pinch of sugar

Combine all ingredients in a container.  (I don't know how much garlic powder, salt, and sugar I used.  I just sprinkled some in.  I ended up adding more salt at the end.)  Place the container in the fridge and let it sit for atleast an hour.  Before serving, blend in a food processor.

I think I will make some of this salsa and give it to my neighbors as Christmas gifts.  I'll pair it with a good bag of tortilla chips. :)


I just love this time of year with my family.  Even though my kids are getting older, they still enjoy gathering around at night and reading a Christmas book.  I love snuggling with all of them and reading books that we have read so many times before.  My 16 year old still joins in on the fun!  We also tend to have the TV on every night now.  Usually we aren't much of TV watchers, but who can resist the 25 days of Christmas on ABC Family?!


I have been thinking about victims and victors lately.  I struggled for years to overcome some great heartaches.  I lived like a victim.  I was passive aggressive and needed people to show me that I was important.  I did not have a good view of myself and, therefore, assumed no one else did.  I was desperately searching for someone to love me. 

My searching went on for a great many years.  Thankfully, I was introduced to Jesus and began learning how to live for Him and His love.  Miraculously, my thinking changed.  I decided I would live for Jesus.  I was no longer going to let people and things have power over my life.  Yes, I have experienced some terrible things, but I decided to let Jesus define me.  I still get kicked by people, but I don't let it sink me into a pit.  I may be sad for a bit, but, ultimately, Jesus wins.

If you struggle with worth, choices you've made, and/or have been a victim of someone, you can give it to Jesus and become a victor.  He will rescue you from any pit you find yourself in.  Nothing is impossible with Him or for Him.  I look back on my old life and compare it to my new life.  I am truly in awe at what Jesus has changed me in to.  

If you need someone to pray for you, please email me.  

I am so grateful to the ladies who showed me Jesus.  They had no idea the state I was in when they shared Him.  Let's not be afraid to share His love with all of those around us.  We may just help set someone free.  My life has forever been changed because of ladies who weren't afraid to give me the love of Jesus.

John 10:10
A thief comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy.  I (Jesus) have come that they may have life and have it in abundance.
 Photobucket