Monday, December 3, 2012

The excitement of Christmas is in the air, water, and food at our home :)

We are excitedly preparing and celebrating the Christmas season at our home.  My children have lingered over their Christmas lists.  Luke has actually redone his list atleast 3 times.  Jorden and I were giggling at it over lunch today because Luke writes down serial numbers and ALL pertinent information.  He is making sure that Santa gets everything correct.  Personally, I welcome the information.  I don't want Santa to end up getting the wrong thing.  How tragic for jolly ol' Saint Nick!

Here are a few pictures of Christmas at our home...
 We love decorating our home and look forward to the evening time when we can plug in the lights.  Unfortunately, something has happened to the outlet on our front porch and the lights will not come on.  Barry has tried the breaker box and the GFC thingy.  I have to call an electrician for help.  It's not like we have Griswold lights, so I'm not sure what happened.
 I informed my sweet family that these hand towels are STRICTLY for decoration.  Dirty and/or wet hands can't touch them.  They just laugh at me.  I think they are used to my oddities! :)


This is one of my favorite pictures of the kids so far this season.  They were being silly for the camera and Luke couldn't help but crack up at his brother and sister.  As a matter of fact, I love it so much that it is one of the pictures that will be on our Christmas card.

With all of the wonderful family time, gifts to buy, and parties to attend, Christmastime can also be stressful.  Unpleasant memories can come to the forefront of our minds and leave us feeling less than jolly.  We can be stressed because money is tight, we have to be around people that we are not fond of, etc. 

This morning my husband informed me that I have been a bit snappy with our children.  Honestly, I didn't even realize it.  It stung when he told me and I desperately wanted to make excuses for myself and tell him his faults.  However, the Holy Spirit duck taped my mouth and caused me to reflect on my husband's loving words.  He's right.  I have been a bit of a crab lately.  I want all of the shopping done and everything else that requires my attention done before they get out of school for the Christmas break. 

This scripture came to mind and I realized that regardless of what needs to be done, I am to be loving and kind to those around me.  Let's be honest, everything that needs to get done, will get done.  I can choose to enjoy this time with my children, or I can make everyone on edge.  I want my children to look back on this Christmas and have only fond memories.  I certainly don't want my family walking on egg shells.

I am truly grateful that my husband trusts me enought to be honest with me.  I vow to be cheerful and loving to my family from here on out this season.  I hope that you and your family are enjoying the season and creating wonderful memories that you all will treasure forever.
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Love your home Marci! and that picture of your kiddos is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of your kids too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post. I'm facing a few of these issues as well..
    Feel free to surf my weblog :: healthy weight loss diet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are so honest. I have found myself doing a lot of the same lately because of my own stresses and anxieties, and I hate it because I know my kids are so impressionable right now. I couldn't sleep last night worrying about what I had said to them. :-( I hope your sweet family has the best of Christmases!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marci-
    Your house looks great!! Don't worry, I have tons of "just for looks" things in our house! Ha-Avery is sweet to put up with me :)

    Girl, your comment was super convicting! I am guilty of taking the stress of the moment out on those I love most. On Sunday, I was trying to get out the door and was worried about a long drive ahead, and Avery called me out on it. Like you, it stung, but I am so glad he did!

    Hope your week has started out well :) Been praying for the holidays with your family, and I will add speaking words that are edifying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower from Glued To My Crafts via Michelle's Social Stackup. I see you have some Christmas posts. If you would like to link them up to my 12 Days of Christmas Goodies, please do.

    http://gluedtomycrafts.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-low-down-on-12-days-of-christmas.html

    For every link up you enter, you get a chance to win a $12 giftcard to Starbucks. Hope to see some of your creations!

    -Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up to the Social Stack Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marci-Those words are quite convicting to me, too. It is so hard to control our tongues, and oh the damage they can do!Your kids are adorable! Good luck with that electrical problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your house looks amazing...and the hand towels for decoration is totally something I would do! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your house (and family, I should add) looks stunning. Your little ones will have the sweetest memories of this time of year - they're really lucky little tykes for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha! This is one area where we are different! I have all these towels that I only bring out for Christmas... and I use them UP! ;) I use 2 towels a day that get washed every night. Your house is beautiful! You are so blessed! (and those type of pictures are my favorite!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your House looks amazing Marci, and your photos are great... Cheistmas brings joy to our hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marci, you are killing me! I want the house decorated and ready for Christmas. But the living room has to be finished before we can drag a tree in! Ack!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!!! Your home is a beauty! Well done Marci!
    Thank God for godly husbands, that lead us aright. Have a super blessed day!
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your house is seriously amazing! I hope one day to have something so beautiful. I can't wait to own a home of our own. And your decorations outside are perfect. Such a joyful touch. I love decorating for the holidays though we never really get to. But we still don't have our tree up but will soon :) And thats so wonderful to have such a great honest marriage. We are having trust issues with our marriage this year and its not fun when you have that. So I love hearing about how people still have that and it gives me hope that we will pull through our troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your house looks amazing! I don't have many decorations up this year. Hayes is into absolutely everything! I keep telling myself it is only a season, and soon I will be able to decorate again :) Enjoy the kids in the stage that they are in.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love connecting with you all through comments. Your words bring my heart joy.