Saturday, December 2, 2023

Book Review - The Engagement Party by Finley Turner



I love diving into a good book.  I have a disclaimer, confession, or whatever one calls it...I often "read" audiobooks.  I'm told this is not really reading.  In my book, it is! 😄 I put in my AirPods and get lost listening while cleaning, running, cooking dinner, driving, etc.  

This book begins with a woman newly engaged and is elated to have found her prince charming.  She quickly learns that she and her fiance have been summoned to his parents' home for an engagement party.  And the fun begins....

The family is NOT what she expects, to say the least.  A whirlwind of drama begins and then there is a murder.  Who did it and why?  Will she be blamed...

This book has a number of facets. A dysfunctional family.  An ex-girlfriend, a previous murder, and on and on.

I dislike books that move slowly.  I am reading (listening ;) ) to be entertained.  If the book has lulls, I have been known not to finish it.  Thankfully, this book moved at a nice place.  Each chapter built upon the prior one and it didn't disappoint.

I give this book-

The Engagement Party held my attention and had some twists that I really enjoyed.  However, it never made me gasp, and I certainly didn't think much about it when I had finished it.  I give it 4 stars out of 5 because it was entertaining.  My review lost a star because it didn't wow me.  With that being said, if you are looking for an entertaining read, check this book out.  

BONUS:
If you are looking for an author that will wow you and cause you to audibly gasp, check out Freida McFadden.  She is an amazing author who will truly entertain you!

Happy reading!!


Photobucket