Thursday, February 21, 2013

Double digits!!


My little man hits the double digits today.  He was officially 10 at 2:25 Texas time.  I share the time with you because it is very important to him.  He had his dad look it up last night so he would know when he was 10 for real.  :)

I am so crazy in love with this little guy.  He is so smart, kind, funny, goofy, and a bit mischievous.  Sometimes my husband and I will look at each other and say, "Uh oh!  We may have to keep a super close eye on this one!!"  

He is precious beyond belief.  He is growing up and really finds ways to exert his independence.  For example, he was not going to have any part of me sitting with him at lunch today.  He wanted to hang out with his friends.  He certainly wasn't opposed to me dropping off Chick-Fil-A, however!!  

As we were driving to school, I was thinking back on his birth and how thrilled we were to introduce him to his brother and sister.  As I was deep in thought, I heard his sweet little voice say, "I love you mom."  Be still my heart!!  

I am so grateful that out of all the mamas in the world, God chose ME to be his mama.  I feel so blessed and am grateful beyond words.  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SWEET LITTLE MAN LUKE!!!!  I love you super duper much, bunches, and bunches and bunches!!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a sweet little boy. There is nothing better than having your child tell you they love you. Nothing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tribute to your son! My daughter was ten last month, and she seems so different already. What a fun age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet that he wanted to know the time he was born. Adorable :). Happy Birthday to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) I love it! My boy will be 10 in April. It is amazing how fast it goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your baby boy today! Can you believe your baby is 10? I know it all goes so fast and that's why we just have to enjoy every precious minute. Yes, we are definitely blessed to be chosen as our children's parents, and I know Luke is very blessed to have you as his mother. Parenting may be hard work sometimes, but hearing them tell us they love us is all the thanks we need, right? Enjoy your time with your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until toothріcκ іnѕertеԁ in сenter comes out clеаn.
    Peteг Pіpeг Pizzа Coupons-Petеr
    Piper Ρizza Coupons:Peteг Piper Pizza can be a family pіzza
    chain operating 45 сomраny restaurants
    and 60 franсhises inside the U. Roll each portiοn into the thickness of a brοom handle.


    Feel free to visіt my web ρаge: pizza pan ashtabula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to such a sweet kid! Love that he randomly said that he loved you. When my son does that I feel like it is just one of the best things in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, Luke! I wanted to let you know I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award. You can check out the tag post here:

    http://www.typativemamacat.com/2013/02/liebster-award-again-third-time-is-charm.html

    ReplyDelete

I love connecting with you all through comments. Your words bring my heart joy.