For some unknown reason this morning I started thinking of all the things that irk me. My face scrunched up and I began to have a conversation with myself about all the things that rub me the wrong way. I then had to turn my brain around and think of the things that make this girl smile, otherwise I would be one steaming woman all day.
5 things that make this girl growl...
1. People who know everything...as if I know nothing.
2. Mamas who judge other mamas... we are all just trying to do the best we can with the experiences we've lived through. I have been judged for being a worrier when it comes to my kids. Yes, I admit it, I am! I know God has them, but this mama heart worries-a thorn, I get it! My oldest has had two heart surgeries and an elbow surgery, my little guy has had two neck surgeries and has been hospitalized twice with asthma. Cut me some slack...and other mamas too.
3. Backstabbers....don't waste my time and your time talking to me if you are going to talk behind my back.
4. Bad drivers....please don't cut in front of me if the speed limit is 40 and go 30!
5. Rude people...need I elaborate? :-)
10 things that make this girl SMILE...
1. My family...my sweet husband, my wonderful children who cause my heart to skip a beat....I could give you 10,ooo things just from the word family.
2. My morning quiet time with Jesus.
3. Rain...I loooooove the sound of it.
4. Fall days....ahhh, the cooler weather and the beautiful leaves.
5. My morning cup of coffee...so yummy with my creamer and sugar...oh, no!! I'm drooling!
6. A good movie....I love a good story, tears are a plus.
7. Road trips...I love being trapped in a car with my family-GOOD TIMES.
8. Cute shoes...only if they are comfy too. This girl doesn't like screaming feet.
9. Lunch with friends....good conversation and laughter are what makes for great memories.
10. Sunshine...I love the way it reflects off of the grass.
What about you? What makes you growl and/or smile???
I love to bake. On Tuesday I wanted to make some cookies, but I didn't have brown sugar. I decided to play around with a recipe a bit and see what I could come up with. I came up with DELICIOUS, MOUTH WATERING cookies. I am calling them Hodge Podge cookies. I think I just like the name, actually, because that can be life. :-)
HODGE PODGE COOKIES
1 cup butter flavor crisco
1 cup white sugar
2 cups flour
2 individual packages instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup toffee bits
Preheat oven to 350. Mix crisco and sugar together until blended well. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Pour in the packages of instant oatmeal and blend well. Next, add all of the dry ingredients, except the oatmeal. Mix well and then add the oatmeal. Mix until the oatmeal is blended well. Stir in the chocolate chips, white chips, and toffee bits. Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on how soft you like them.
I put these cookies in the fridge and then pop one in the microwave for 20 seconds when I want one. Life is good when I have one of these babies in my mouth!!! :-)
Enjoy your day. May your growls be overshadowed by your smiles. If they aren't, make some hodge podge cookies....they will show those growls whose boss. :-)