Sunday, September 2, 2012

Love....

Life is so precious.  Often, I take it for granted.  I go about my day and check things off of my to do list.  There are times, though, that my children will take my breath away and I remember just how precious it all is.  Really, is it about my new handbag?  My cute shoes? While I appreciate these items, it is people I love.  In two years, my oldest will be away at college.  Just thinking about this brings tears to my eyes and an ache to settle into the pit of my stomach.  Don't get me wrong, I am so very proud of him and look forward to watching him spread his wings and soar.  Soar he will I'm sure because he is so smart, hard working, and determined to make a mark on this world.  He definitely has made a mark on our family.  He has the greatest belly laugh I have literally ever heard.  My tears come from the fact that he will no longer be in our home daily.  Oh, how I love his precious face and humor.  My ache comes from knowing our relationship will be changed, not for the bad I know, but it will be different.  He will be an adult and no longer need the things he needed when he was a child living in our home.  I ache for the child who used to crawl into my lap and rub my face with his sweet little hand.  I am so proud of who he has become.  I not only love and adore him, but i really like him too.  I pray that I have taught him what he needs to go out into the world and be great.  I hope that I have taught him to love all people, not just the ones who make him comfortable.  May he always know that we are all humans trying our best to love and be loved.



This brings me to something that has been on my mind today.  In church this morning our pastor, Gregg Matte, spoke on Acts 1:8.  This verse reads, "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come on you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, in all of Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth".  Pastor Gregg told us that we are to live our lives sharing with others in three ways: 1) praying 2) caring and 3) sharing.  I reflected upon my ways as he spoke and have continued to think of it throughout the day.  I am a prayerful person, some days more so than others.  I enjoy praying for those that I know are hurting or are in need of some Jesus.  I pray in thanksgiving and in times of need.  If you know me, then you know I truly care about people.  When i know someone is hurting my heart breaks.  I immediately brainstorm ways i can help.  I will cry for people even if I don't know them.  I'll be the first in line to assist and care all over someone.  The third one made me think.  How often do I share?  Oh, I share smiles and friendly gestures, but do I share Jesus to the fullest extent?  I'm not talking about shoving Him down people's throats.  One of the quickest ways to turn someone off from Jesus is to be a Holy Highroller, in my opinion. What I mean is, how often do I walk away from people when I am not comfortable?   Do I continue to share His love when I feel betrayed, wronged, or just not down with a person?  This week I am going to make an effort to share love with those that I may not want to share it with.  I am going to do it for Jesus.  I'll let you know how it goes.....

As I was pondering these things today I noticed how beautiful it was.  Hot....YES!!!  Beautiful....without a doubt.  Here are a few pictures capturing the beauty God placed before me.  The blue sky is gorgeous!
 I love this lantana plant that is growing behind our pool.  Little hummingbirds often visit it.
May your days be filled with love going in and out....
Marci :-)