I have been hearing this word a great deal lately. It rolls in one ear and then out the other. As I was praying yesterday for God to give me a topic for Inspiration Wednesday, the word courage kept coming to mind. I would push it aside and wait for God to give me an a-ha moment. That moment came but the human I am kept squashing it. I finally grabbed a pen and started jotting down everything the Lord was telling me. I get it Lord, courage is the inspirational word today. :-)
Joshua 1:9...Haven't I commanded you: be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
As God was speaking to me about the word courage, I did a Bible search with the word in it. I was reminded just how many times He tells us to have courage, to be courageous. It got this girl thinking. God knows we would much rather stay in our happy, safe places where no one can really get to us. We can smile, be friendly, but stay safe. It takes courage to step out and do the things God impresses upon our hearts. I wonder, how often has God wanted me to work for His Kingdom and I've purposely ignored Him because it was uncomfortable?
A couple of weeks ago our pastor said, "It's not about your comfort but God's Kingdom." I realize to step out of my comfort I will need courage. God will never ask us to do something alone. He will be right with us holding our precious hand. I don't know about you, but I NEED to know that He is with me. It can be scary stepping out of my box.
God gave me 10 things regarding courage...
1. The courage to live for God when those around us aren't.
2. The courage to love the unloveable. (This can be a stranger or even a family member.)
3. The courage to raise children in a Godly way when the world wants otherwise.
4. The courage to be nice to an enemy.
5. The courage to stand for an issue even if you are the only one.
6. The courage to lift your hands in church if you feel led to.
7. The courage to step back if someone has made you his/her savior.
8. The courage to pray in a restaurant.
9. The courage to make the doctor's appointment you've been dreading.
10. The courage to forgive.
May we be courageous people for our Lord. It's scary, but love for Him is worth it. It's funny, I find that when I do step out in courage I am so blessed. Where will you step out this week?