Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday times and my weekly menu

JESUS....His name has such power.  His name alone can bring peace to a troubled heart.  It can bring joy to a happy heart.  He heals, comforts, and stands beside us always.  How often do I take Him for granted?  How often do I tell Him to hang on while I focus on other things?  In church this morning, our preacher reminded us that Jesus is to be at the center of everything we do.  He said that church is not about rules, board committees, or fancy shows.  Church should be about Jesus, bottom line.  As I go about my week of schedules, mommyhood, being a wife, meetings, etc. I commit to make Jesus my main focus.  May I remember to do everything without grumbling and do it for Him.  I ponder all of the ways I can live for Him this week.  What about you?  How can your day be Christ centered?  As we choose Him this week, may we not forget the smile we cause to overtake His wonderful face.  As our hearts grow towards Him, we will feel His peace and love overtake us no matter what we face.

My girl made the club volleyball team this afternoon.  I am so proud of her for working so hard!  The coach told her that she needed to gain some strength before the club season starts.  She came home and did planks, sit ups, and who knows what else.  She is one determined cookie. :-)  Thank you to all of you who prayed for her.  My hope is not that she's a superstar, but rather that she does something with this experience that God has provided her.  May she show respect to her teammates, opponents, and coaches.  I pray that she shares God's love with everyone she is around.  If after that she rocks on the court, I'll be good with that!!!

As I promised last Sunday, I am posting my weekly menu.  The recipes are listed in the recipe link at the top of my blog.
Monday....Fresh tomato and basil linguine
Tuesday...Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti
Wednesday...Santa Fe Casserole
Thursday....Chick-Fil-A :-)...they don't share the recipe with me!
Friday...Homemade pizza

Here are a few pictures I took this week...




My friend started an Etsy shop and she sells homemade canvases.  She is very talented and I'm the proud owner of one of her pieces.  Her shop is called 3 Hearts Design.  Here is a picture of my canvas...

May you have a blessed, Jesus filled week with lots of love and laughter......Marci