Thursday, September 4, 2014

Never alone


I had planned to write a quirky, fun post today.  I wanted my blog friends to see my goofy side and know that I'm a girl who likes to have a good time. 

That all changed this morning.  You see, there is a lady whom I met through blogging and I really like and admire her.  She and I haven't been in touch in months, however.  She posted a comment on a post I wrote the other day and the tone of it caused my heart to ache for her.  I could tell something wasn't right.

I laid awake in bed last night praying for her and thinking of her.  I could not get her off of my mind.

I discovered this morning that her son recently went to his eternal home. 

Pain overtook my heart.

As mamas, we are entrusted these beautiful little creatures to care for, love on, and protect. 

Why does God take them back sometimes?

I wish I lived near her so I could go to her and let her cry her eyes out on my shoulder.  I wish there was some way I could lessen her pain. 

Honestly, I have no idea why God allows these things to happen.  Why let us love so deeply and then take them away?

I do know that He is a God of pure love.  He feels our pain very deeply and cries when we cry.  I know that His intention is not to punish with intense pain.

I also know that we live in a fallen world.  Sickness and pain happen and it just plain stinks.

We may never have our why questions answered this side of heaven.  Knowing that God loves us beyond what we can even fathom has to be enough.  I have to trust and believe that He would never abandon His children.  While mamas and daddies suffer, God is right with them.  I believe that with all of my heart and soul.

Pain and suffering can land us in dark caves.  If you are suffering and feel abandoned, know that Jesus is right with you.  Even when it is too painful to take a breath, He is there. 

My love and prayers for anyone who feels pain...