Friday, September 26, 2014

September Kindness Challenge Blog Hop




I am so excited about today's blog hop. I think it is so important to encourage each other to live a greater life for Christ. We {me included} can become so wrapped up in our everyday lives that we forget to go out of our way to show kindness. It's not that our hearts aren't willing, it's just that we are busy with schedules and life.


  I have been thinking about this challenge since a sweet lady asked me about speaking about our kind gestures to others. We are warned in the Bible not to brag and to show kindness for God's Kingdom and not for a badge of honor for ourselves. Normally I don't tell anyone what I do, not even my family. I get a kick out of it being a secret with just Jesus. However, I know that this part of the blog world is full of great ladies who desire to please Jesus and further His Kingdom. I hope that our stories don't reflect a spirit of self, but rather a spirit of His love.


Here is my story....


Each morning that I drop my daughter off at the high school I notice the sweetest looking crossing guard. She is always smiling, rain or shine. She makes sure that the kids cross safely - the entire way. She has no problem stepping in the crosswalk to ensure that someone's child is safe.


  I have commented to my daughter on several occasions that she looks like someone I'd love to have coffee with. She looks like she enjoys life. As I watch her, I am reminded of the Scripture that states we are to do everything for the Lord.


  I decided to write her a card of appreciation and pack a Starbucks gift card in it. I knew it would be difficult for her to drink and do her job properly. Also, I wasn't certain if she was a coffee or tea gal.


I parked my car in a nearby parking lot and walked over to her. I decided to go a few minutes before school let out as not to interrupt her duties. I handed her the card and explained that I am so grateful for her and what she does each day. She received it so well and was very humbled. She had the most beautiful smile on her face. I wanted to reach out and hug her, but I thought that might be pushing it!! Can you say crazy lady!?!


I hope by giving her the card, she knows that she is loved and appreciated. More than that, I hope she knows she is a princess and her King sees her sacrifices each day. :)


I hope you will link up your stories. If you were not able to participate in this challenge, it's totally ok. I hope you will link up any story of sharing love and encouragement. I think by reading each other's stories, we will be encouraged to go out and share His love even more.


Alright ladies...let the linking begin! :)