Monday, September 29, 2014

Lessons learned-




The other night my husband and I were chatting and discussing the ways we have grown as individuals and as a couple.  When we put everything out on the table, it was really neat to see how far we've come.


I have heard people say that they wish they could be in their 20's again.  Not me!  I L*O*V*E being in my 40's.  My heart and my head are so different and I am - oh so thankful!! :)


I started thinking about all of the lessons I have learned.  Here they are in no particular order....


1}  Material items are fun, but they certainly don't bring joy.  Jesus is the only way to true joy.


2}  Toxic people trickle toxicity into the people around them.  Stay away from them.


3}  Jesus always forgives me.  I don't always forgive myself.


4}  If people talk ugly behind other's backs, they will talk badly about me too.


5}  No one but Jesus gets to define me.


6}  Taking up for myself or others is not mean.  Allowing myself or others to be treated badly is.


7}  Jesus tells me I have to love everyone.  He never instructed me to like everyone. 


8}  God did not put me on this earth to save everyone.  He sent His Son for that very reason.  I am not suppose to be everyone's savior and hero.


9}  Prayer brings peace, but gossip does not.


10} Keeping up with the Jones' is draining.  Keeping up with Jesus is exhilarating.


Bonus lesson learned...
Face cream, face cream, face cream!!!  This is one of my best friends! :)


xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Those are some great lessons and very important ones indeed! Thanks for sharing, I needed to be reminded of some of them. Have a great day! Lisa :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Marci. It's amazing to look back at how much we've changed (for the better) over the years. I'm amazed at the work God has done in my heart. Although I still have a lot of changes that need to take place, I know I am being sanctified which is very exciting! You are such an encourager and sweet lady. I'm blessed every time I come here to visit your blog.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes yes! Excellent life lessons! And you are gorgeous and know you don't need face cream...of course, it may help keep you gorgeous for the next 40+ years so I am all for it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this wonderful post, dear Marci. You have much wisdom and I appreciate you sharing it with us younger women. As I read your list I was shaking my head yes and saying amen :)

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love connecting with you all through comments. Your words bring my heart joy.