There are times in our lives when we feel like we are going to drown. It's as if we are barely keeping our head above the water and paddling with such an intensity that we aren't sure how much more endurance we have.
We are all familiar with Exodus 14 when God, through Moses, parts the Red Sea. The Israelites have been complaining, they have been fearful, AND they have been questioning God. "Why, oh why, would He do this to us?" they cried.
You're not alone if you answered yes. We all, at some time in our lives, behave like the Israelites. We might not voice it like they did. But our thoughts and behaviors mirror their words.
As I was reading Exodus 14:15-31 this morning, I became overwhelmed with the truths provided. I wanted to get down on my knees and praise Jesus for His love...ALWAYS AND THROUGH ALL THINGS.
Here are the things I noticed...
- Jesus is with us even in our dark times protecting us and shielding us from danger. (Ex. 14:20 - The cloud was there in the darkness, yet it lit up the night. So neither group came near the other all night long.)
- God uses US to bring His Kingdom glory - even in the scariest of times. (Ex. 14:21a - Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea.)
- God performs miracles for all to witness. (Ex. 14:21b - The Lord drove the sea back with a powerful east wind all that night and turned the sea into dry land. So the waters were divided.)
- God makes a way for us and delivers us to safety. (Ex. 14:22 - The Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with the waters like a wall to them on their right and their left.)
- God crushes those who mess with His children. (Ex. 14:26 & 14:28b - Then the Lord said to Moses, "Stretch out your hand over the sea so that the waters may come back on the Egyptians, on their chariots and horsemen. None of them survived.)
- When we recognize and realize God's great power and love for us, our hearts are drawn to Him. (Ex. 14:31 - When Israel saw the great power that the Lord used against the Egyptians, the people feared the Lord and believed in Him -)
God parts seas for us too...all of the time. He protects His children and brings us to safety. He uses us to further His Kingdom by allowing us to see His goodness and share it. God will NEVER allow the enemy to win. He will rush in, part your sea, and hold out His loving hand for you to grab on to.
One thing that really tugged at my heart as I read this was...
I wonder how often God parts seas for me and I don't even realize there is water up ahead? How often does He protect me and I don't even know I'm in danger?
I am in awe at the answer that took over my heart...
All of the time - more than I know.
It is the same with you. God protects His loves. Sometimes we know it and other times we are oblivious.
Are you facing a sea right now? Do you feel as though you are drowning?? Read God's truths and know with all of your heart that they apply to YOU. He will not leave you to drown. He will part your sea, grab your sweet hand, and lead you to safety.