Friday, January 18, 2013

You know you're old when....

Lately, I have been getting smacked in the face with how old I have become.  I will be 41 next month.  When I was a child I thought 40 was ancient.  Now that I am in my 4th decade, I think 40...umm, I mean 41... is hip and happening.

You know you are old when....
  1. You hurt yourself while you are asleep.  Yep, I sometimes wake up with a pain that I did not go to sleep with. 
  2. You fall asleep on the couch before any of your kiddos are in bed.
  3. Those pesky grays don't want to stay covered for long.  Seriously, I think I need highlights every six weeks. 
  4. Gravity takes hold of the booty area no matter how many miles you run. 
  5. You dress for comfort over style.  Who says workout pants aren't stylish!?
  6. Wrinkles appear no matter how much anti-wrinkle cream you slop all over your face.
  7. Older people at the store call you ma'am. 
  8. You are around the age that your mother-in-law was when you and your husband started dating.
  9. You can't eat what you used to without your body severely punishing you.  Why can't I eat dessert every night like I used to?? Growl!!!!
  10. Your eye doctor tells you for the FIRST TIME EVER that you need progressive lenses...the new word for bifocals! 
Yep...these all describe yours truly!!  Thankfully, I am laughing at myself.  If you no longer can find tissues at your local store, it will be because the laugther got old.  Okay, now I'm laughing at my dumb humor. :)

Have a wonderful weekend full of great laughter.