Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day~Some facts we need to know


Well, it's finally here.  The day my phone stops receiving calls from various political candidates.  They day the commericials stop airing. 

Seriously though, today is election day!  What a privilege to live in a society where we the people have a say.  My son is itching to vote...he can't, he's only 16.  He is Mr. Political.  He loves to talk politics and dreams of being a political analyst on a major network.  He loves our country and stands behind those who fight for his freedom and right to vote.  He makes this mama proud!!

I have been holding my tongue on the candidates.  It hit me last night that the reason I  held my tongue is because I didn't want to offend anyone.  Honestly, that caused my heart to be convicted.  I wanted to give some facts this morning regarding Obama's position and push for our country to accept and provide abortions.  Please hear me when I say that I am not condemning anyone who has had an abortion.  God is a God of forgiveness and love.  Those who go to Him in love and honest confession will always be forgiven.  My heart aches for anyone in pain and I am about reaching out and giving love away.

As a senator, Obama voted 4 times against equal treatment to children born alive after a failed abortion.

As President, he signed Obamacare, which highly funds abortions, even sex-selective abortions.

Obama opposes the ban on partial birth abortions.

He limited protection to those in the medical field who refused to take part in abortions.  (My husband is in the medical field and would NEVER assist in an abortion!!)

Obamacare promotes YOUR tax dollars being used to fund abortions.

Abortions kill children.  They also scar and wound the woman receiving the abortion.  Pro choice advocates state that a woman has a choice.  I agree, a woman has a choice whether to have intimate relations with someone.  However, only God has a right to someone's life.  Humans have mocked and blasphemed God too long.  It is time to take a stand and protect innocent children and women. 

My love to you all. 


Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Isn't it just awful!! I just pray people Vote not for their pocket books and what looks good but that they vote for morals!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, pray for this. May we vote with God in mind.
      Much love to you!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry. Although I don't think I could ever personally have an abortion, I don't think you can force a women to carry a child in her body. I am not for partial-birth abortions.

    Now I would like you to think about who you ate voting for. Mitt Romney. In Massachusetts, he was pro-choice. Very pro-choice. In fact during this campaign, he is having trouble remembering he is not pro-choice. Why has he changed his views and policies? Because he just wants to seem 'more Republican' and win an election.

    Did you Obamacare is based on Mitt Romney's healthcare system he set up in Massachusetss?

    How can anyone vote for someone who is so against his convictions? I personally think we should all vote Libertarian and confuse them all. But if you are going to point fingers, let's do some research and put everything into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that we live in a country that allows freedom of speech. You call it pointing fingers, I call it information. Just because someone has a different view from yours, I do not think telling someone to do research and put things into perspective is kind nor appropriate. Thankfully, I have done my research and feel confident in my decisions. Happy voting day.

      Delete
    2. Diana, force a woman to carry a "child" in her belly? First, I like that you can admit that it is a child. Now, if you can admit that, how can you even think that it is okay to hurt/kill that child? Would you think it okay to kill a child outside the womb? I think not. Second, who is forcing her to carry that child? She made the choice to have sexual relations so she brought the pregnancy on herself (unless under very limited circumstances where she was coerced/forced by rape which is another issue entirely). Regardless, who are we as humans to decide who gets to live or die? I am pretty sure you are glad you were not aborted, right?

      Delete
  3. Thank you for speaking up, Marci! As followers of Jesus, we must speak up and defend the innocent. I like how you put it, "only God has a right to someone's life" - so true!
    Btw, that is so funny what you said about your 16-year-old son because I have an almost 16-year-old brother who is the EXACT same! He gets into all the details regarding politics and isn't afraid to voice his opinion (and I'm sure, is wishing he could vote today...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I'm glad I did. :)
      My son woke early and is expected to stay up late watching the coverage. He cracks us up!

      Delete
  4. Thank you Marci for being real and honest on your blog. I feel the same! Thank goodness that God is King over all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jena! Praise God that He is the Ruler. :) xoxo

      Delete
  5. I am personally sick of the democratic party and the media thinking that just because I happen to be a woman I support abortion rights. If I get one more flyer in the mail or robo-call telling me how someone is trying to threaten my "reproductive rights" I am going to be sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughing out loud! I agree completely! :)

      Delete
  6. I just watched October Baby a few nights ago. I'm not sure if you have seen it, but if not, it's about a girl who finds out she was born from a failed abortion. I've always been against abortion, but when I watched that, it only made my belief even stronger. Jesus is not for abortion, so we need a leader who feels the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cried throughout the entire movie. It was sad and wonderful at the same time.
      Love to you my Houston pal! xoxo

      Delete
  7. Diana, I'm not sure your "ideas" are grounded in facts my dear, but I suspect you are as confused as many people in the world today who are listening to the secular media. You might want to do some fact checking of your own! Marci, thank you for standing up for your beliefs. Of course, I believe women should be as free as anyone to choose...I mean they chose who to climb into bed with (unless under the very limited circumstances where they were coerced/forced and that is a topic for a different discussion). I do not think an innocent unborn baby (and it is a baby in the womb according to God's word) should pay for that woman's choice to participate in sexual relations. If the woman does not want to support the child, there are other options available, and I would lovingly offer her any help I could. Sorry but our choices have consequences, folks, and we ourselves should pay those consequences...not the innocent lives affected by them! No, Jesus is most definitely not for the killing of his innocent creations. You know what I have found I hate more than anything...that these same people who would agree to killing unborn children are so fervently against doing such things to animals. I am as avid an animal lover as anyone, but since when did animals become more highly valued than humans? Man, this world has its priorities all messed up, and God is the only way we are going to get them straightened out. No, this election will not straighten the mess out, but I will not vote for a political candidate whose basic ideals stand for such heinous and inhumane acts! Thank you, Marci, for being brave and speaking out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with your writings! Thank you for your honesty and bravery. Beautiful commentary! :) xoxo

      Delete
  8. You are right, and a woman's choice does not include the right to end a life.

    Love, Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that! Life is precious to God and it should be to us too.

      Hope you are having a great day. :) xoxo

      Delete

I love connecting with you all through comments. Your words bring my heart joy.