Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Inspiration Wednesday...Truly living for Jesus


I'm going to let my hair down and be candid today.  My heart has been heavy for a while.  I have realized that many people speak about God.  They refer to themselves as Christians and even quote Scripture.  Sadly, though, I have found that some people are talking a good game, but walking in a completely different direction.  Honestly, it breaks my heart.  Please don't get me wrong.  I am anything but perfect.  The only thing I am perfect at is being imperfect.  You know what I mean? 

I heard Beth Moore state that the number of people attending Bible studies today in comparison to years back has grown wildly.  That sounds fantastic, doesn't it?  Has it become the cool thing to do though?  Our world is not one that resembles a spike in people studying God's Word.  The divorce rates are crazy high, the abortion rates are sickening, and I can't turn the TV on without witnessing some type of immorality.  Here's the thing, saying that you believe in God is completely different than doing what God wants you to do.  For goodness sakes, even Satan believes in God.  That stinking devil knows, without a doubt, that Jesus is alive and real. 

Believing is not enough.  We have to live for Him in all we do.  He can't just be on our tongues or in the back of our minds.  Our thoughts, actions, and motivations must revolve around His Word.  Our pride and comfort must take a backseat to His commandments. 

Yes, praise God, we are saved by grace.  It is not anything we have done, or can do, that will bring us salvation.  It is our belief in Jesus.  However, in James we read that faith without works is dead.  If we have faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, we can't help but have works.  Our hearts desire to share His word through works.  True love cannot be contained.

Let's not make God trendy, let's make Him our lives.  Let's stick out like sore thumbs and be bright lights for Jesus. 

 Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Oh sister, this is amazing! Waking up this morning to very disappointing news is a reminder that our "christian" nation is anything but Christ centered. Quite frankly it means we have more Bibles gathering dust on a shelf than Korans or Torahs. My prayer has been that I can get in this world and get messy, not just live a people-pleasing, selfish life. Thanks for this inspiration today...it is a very needed truth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I had to spend much time in prayer and He reminded me that He is in control. You are so right, I want to get messy too. :)

      Delete
  2. Our pastor recently said to imagine if you told your child to clean his room. Later he comes back and you ask if his room is clean and he says "I thought about what you said Dad. I wrote it down. I read it. And listen to this! 'Clean your room' I know it by heart! Isn't that great?" But the room has not been cleaned. Would you be happy that he listened, took notes, and memorized your word? Or disappointed that he hadn't done what you had sent him to do? God is the same way with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great visual. I love this. It is so true. Thanks for sharing. :)

      Delete
  3. You have touched on a very important aspect in Christianity. I was just thinking on the verse in James about faith without works is dead and you hit the nail on the head when you said, "If we have faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, we can't help but have works." Amen! Revelation 3:15-16 says, "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wast cold or hot. So then because thou art luke-warm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth." How I pray I live the Scripture's through my daily walk - I don't want to just talk it, I want to walk it!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I don't want to have to explain why I didn't show my faith in love and works. I desire to hear, "we'll done my good and faithful servant."
      Thanks for the verses from Revelation. What a great reminder. Xoxo

      Delete
  4. The pride and comfort has to die~not just be put on the backseat~ouch~ yeah~such good thoughts Marci!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have had the song, "God of Justice" by Tim Hughes stuck in my head all morning. The words of the song reflect what you have said here so beautifully. Here is a link to the song:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3NelRb1LY4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful song. Thank you for sharing the link. :). Xoxo

      Delete
  6. Absolutely! I have also struggled with this. I often compare it to the concept of saying you're "married" but not living in the same home as your spouse, or ever talking or acting in any way like you are married... you may be "legally" married, but you don't have a marriage. Fabu!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marci, this is great and thank you for sharing what is on your heart. My small group was just talking about this on Tuesday. The question it left me with is, "When was the last time you gave God your all?" I think there are so many things that God is calling me to do but my "busyness" can get in the way. I have a renewed desire to seek him and surrender all to him.

    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    Fired up and ready to go!

    PS- Check out my friends blog www.jesusbea.com, I think you would enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. (following you via the blog hop) I couldn't agree more, we have been given a holy standing through grace but should strive for a holy life by following the Holy Spirit and being obedient. I don't think its cool or trendy to live a holy life and I think too many are falling in that lukewarm way of living and its scary. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Post ~ thought provoking! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marci, this is sooo good. Girl, I love the encouragement here to keep us on the right track b/c as you said we are perfectly imperfect. It's so much easier to say things than actually do them but the doing in how we show love to God. How we praise him. How we truly live for him. That's what He wants from us..He wants ALL of us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Let's not make God trendy, let's make Him our lives. Let's stick out like sore thumbs and be bright lights for Jesus." LOVE this!! <3

    ReplyDelete

I love connecting with you all through comments. Your words bring my heart joy.