Monday, November 5, 2012

Redemption~A journey through the garden and beyond...Day 1


I am excited to begin writing a series on Redemption.  This topic has particular meaning to me because Jesus redeemed this lost girl and set me free.  As a young adult, I lived in all sorts of pits.  Honestly, I didn't know any better.  I knew for certain that I wasn't truly happy, nor was I free.  I felt the chains bound tightly around my wrists.  I stumbled upon Jesus and fell madly in love.  I am living proof that He can change lives and use evil for good.  My desire is to let people know of His redeeming love and freedom.  My heart breaks for anyone struggling to get out of a habit of sin.  I promise I am not here to judge, only love.  As I write this series, please know that you can email me anytime with questions or prayer requests.  Everything discussed through email will remain private.

I will only write a short bit each day, as I know it is difficult to read long posts.  May God open our hearts to bloom towards His love.  

We will begin in the Garden of Eden since that is where the first redemption took place.  

Genesis 1:26a
Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness"


As Genesis 1:26 states, we are made in the image of God.  We are patterned after Him in our affections, emotions, minds, and our ability to love.  He was thrilled to create us.  We were not a burden on His mind, nor were we created just to tend to all of the other things He had made.  God is infinite.  He was not surprised by Adam and Eve's sin.  He already had a plan of redemption before he breathed life into Adam's nostrils.  My friend, He knew we would mess up, be prideful, and listen to lies.  He created us in spite of all of that because His love cannot be contained.  You and I are His beloved children.  He longs to share redemption with every one of us, regardless of our past, present, and future sins.

May you know that you were created in God's image.  There is nothing about you that surprises Him or catches Him off guard.  His love for you is never ending and always flowing. Soak it in and feel His love.

**Tomorrow the verse will be Genesis 2:7.  Love to all....  

  Photobucket