Monday, November 5, 2012

Redemption~A journey through the garden and beyond...Day 1


I am excited to begin writing a series on Redemption.  This topic has particular meaning to me because Jesus redeemed this lost girl and set me free.  As a young adult, I lived in all sorts of pits.  Honestly, I didn't know any better.  I knew for certain that I wasn't truly happy, nor was I free.  I felt the chains bound tightly around my wrists.  I stumbled upon Jesus and fell madly in love.  I am living proof that He can change lives and use evil for good.  My desire is to let people know of His redeeming love and freedom.  My heart breaks for anyone struggling to get out of a habit of sin.  I promise I am not here to judge, only love.  As I write this series, please know that you can email me anytime with questions or prayer requests.  Everything discussed through email will remain private.

I will only write a short bit each day, as I know it is difficult to read long posts.  May God open our hearts to bloom towards His love.  

We will begin in the Garden of Eden since that is where the first redemption took place.  

Genesis 1:26a
Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness"


As Genesis 1:26 states, we are made in the image of God.  We are patterned after Him in our affections, emotions, minds, and our ability to love.  He was thrilled to create us.  We were not a burden on His mind, nor were we created just to tend to all of the other things He had made.  God is infinite.  He was not surprised by Adam and Eve's sin.  He already had a plan of redemption before he breathed life into Adam's nostrils.  My friend, He knew we would mess up, be prideful, and listen to lies.  He created us in spite of all of that because His love cannot be contained.  You and I are His beloved children.  He longs to share redemption with every one of us, regardless of our past, present, and future sins.

May you know that you were created in God's image.  There is nothing about you that surprises Him or catches Him off guard.  His love for you is never ending and always flowing. Soak it in and feel His love.

**Tomorrow the verse will be Genesis 2:7.  Love to all....  

  Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for this reminder! I love how you speak of God's love, that it cannot be contained. Looking forward to reading more in this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to write for Jesus. Xoxo

      Delete
  2. I am SO excited about your redemption series. Man, how we all need it each and everyday! God is in the business of change...love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! I loved writing the 31 day series. It brought me closer to Jesus. I'm looking forward to continuing my growth in Him.

      Delete
  3. I love that we never have to be ashamed with God. Nothing is going to shock Him. He knows us exactly as we are - even with all the stains and scars - and loves us madly anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know that your posts have been a real blessing. And I look forward to this new series.
    God bless, Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to the Redemption series that you will be sharing :) How blessed we are to have been created in God's image and to have the King of King's and Lord of Lord's love us. I was talking to my mom last night about King David and how he was a man after God's own heart, yet he faltered and failed many times, BUT God still loved Him, forgave him , and held David in the palm of His hand - he never let him go. Anyway, I am very excited for the next post :) Thanks you for being a blessing!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind. Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement. King David gives me hope. :)
      Much love to you. xoxo

      Delete
  6. I love how you write! Definitely gifted. I'm so glad God had a plan of redemption! Be blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chelsea.
      Sending love down the interstate to you!! :)

      Delete

I love connecting with you all through comments. Your words bring my heart joy.