Thursday, November 29, 2012

What will your legacy be?


Recently, I read a book that dealt with someone's legacy.  It made me start thinking about my own legacy.  When I no longer live on earth, what will people remember about me?  This has really captured my attention and caused me to think about my  life and how I live it. 

Everything we do impacts people.  Whether it be our attitude over a certain activity we are involved in all the way to how we treat the cashier at the grocery store.  As I have thought about this, I have come to realize that my attitude and behaviors greatly affect my family.  If I am grumpy, my entire house tends to be grumps.  However, if I am laughing, everyone generally joins in. 

My questions to myself are:
1.  What am I teaching my children about those around us in need?
2.  What am I teaching my children about friendships?
3.  Am I showing my sons how a godly wife behaves? 
4.  Am I training my daughter in the ways of godly womanhood?
5.  Do I prefer my own comfort over the comforts of others?
6.  Do material items rule my heart?
8.  Can people see God in me?
9.  Do I offer grace to those around me?
10. Do I let the Holy Spirit guide my heart or do I let the world?

I want to be remembered as a loving, godly woman.  I want my great grandchildren to hear stories of me and know I loved well. 

What will your legacy be?

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Wow! This is really convicting!! Question 10 really hit hard. Way too often I allow myself to live in the world, and fall pressure to "fitting in". My prayer for today is that I am allowing the Holy Spirit to guide and influence me.

    Love ya lady! The way you pray for and love your family is truly a legacy that will be cherished and remembered :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great questions? Thanks for giving me something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch, some of those questions hit home and convicted my heart. Thank you for sharing this and the good reminder. I will definitely be thinking about this today and praying the Lord shapes me into a woman after His own heart. I pray I will leave a godly legacy behind. Have a wonderful day!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great questions! Very convicting. Something maybe we should all take time to consider each morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Love to read your posts. They always challenge me! I don't know if you caught yesterday's post (mine... not yours), but it was about how we react in times of crisis... your questions reminded me a little bit of that! Great questions! :) <3 AJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great post. Definitely something we should all think about!

    I'm following along from the friendly friday blog hop! :)

    www.thislifesbeautifulmoments.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!! Great questions to keep close to our mind all the time. You're so right that everything we do can impact someone. It makes me think how we can have an eternal impact on people...talk about an exhilarating thought! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower from the blog hop!

    What a great post! It's true that we never really know how we've been an impact. I think that will be one of the cool things about when we get to heaven. When God shows us how all the dots were connected :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very convicting-it's as though Jesus is sitting on my shoulder asking, "is that REALLY what you want printed in your forever book, in hardcover, all thousand copies?".....

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful list of questions. As a new mom I worry about the kind of example I am setting for my daughter. This is definitely food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Marci! I'm following you on GFC and Twitter from the Friendly Friday hop. I really like this part in your last sentence "and know I loved well." What a beautiful thought! I also feel like I've gotten to know you just by reading the last couple of posts.

    I have a Christian mom blog at http://happymomshappyhomes.blogspot.com

    Tina - American mom raising 4 kids in South Africa
    http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful written!
    http://thoughtfulandinspirational.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love connecting with you all through comments. Your words bring my heart joy.