Monday, October 15, 2012

31 days of love...day 15 (loneliness)

Isaiah 41:10...Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Loneliness...

I'll admit it, I have boughts of loneliness.  That sinking feeling that causes your gut to ache.  Rejection can make me feel this way.  However, there are times that all is well and I am still a prisoner to loneliness. 

In the past when I would feel this way, I would sink into a mild depression and feel sorry for myself.  I felt like I was the only one who ever felt this way.  I would look at other people and envy them.  Their lives seemed so perfect.  Surely they were loved and cared for.

Now, however, I have come to realize that loneliness visits everybody.  I have decided I have two choices when I feel this way.  I can look at me or I can look at God.  When I look at me, I begin to feel worse.  I become a victim to loneliness.  It owns me and I do as it tells me.  However, when I look to God, my heart fills with His love.  I am never really alone because my Savior is with me.  During these times I cry out to Him and call on Him for comfort.  I wonder, is loneliness sometimes good for us?  When we are left feeling alone and call on God we find that He is right there ready to let us put our head on His healing shoulder and feel the warmth of His love. 

God says He will uphold us and strengthen us.  He does this out of love.  His love for you and me is so great that He can't help but be at our side when we call out to Him.  He waits patiently.  I wonder, when we do call to Him do we cause a smile on His face and a hop in His step as He leaps to get to us? If you are feeling lonely today, or have boughts of loneliness, call out to the one who can rescue you.  He is waiting to wrap His Holy arms around you and tell you of His love. 
  Photobucket