Monday, October 1, 2012

31 days



I discovered a 31 days challenge today on thenester.com.  I was intrigued, but not certain I wanted to commit to writing every day for the entire month of October.  The way it works is you choose a topic and write about it for the entire month.  I decided I needed a good challenge and chose the topic LOVE (of course!).  Each day I will post a Scripture on love and briefly write what it means to me.  I hope others will take this step with me.  I would LOVE (ha, ha) to know what topics others choose.  As an added bonus for myself, I will commit to memorizing each verse. 

1 John 4:19...We love because He first loved us.

God is our example, our perfect role model.  He does not love us because we are perfect.  He did not set eyes on us the moment we were born and decide He would only love us when we please Him.  Rather, He loves us before, during, and after our messes.  When I am faced with someone who is completely unlovable, may I remember His love for me in my times of utter stink.  He has not called us to live dysfunctionally, but He has called us to love.  Even if I have to walk away from someone, may my heart love that person.  I believe one way to love an unlovable person is to truly pray for him or her.  Another way to show love is to keep our mouths shut when tempted to talk about the unlovable.  God doesn't share our stink with others and we shouldn't either. As we go about our day, let's remember we are loved.  Take that love and give it away to someone who needs it.  Your love just may transform that person into a lovable. 

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing I love reading you post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! That makes my night! :-) xoxo

      Delete
  2. What a great post. This is something that I really need to work on in my life~loving the unlovable. Thanks so much for sharing! Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard for me too! That's why I chose this verse today, I need to remember that God loves me through my ugly. It's easy for my head to get it, but my heart is often another story.

      Delete
  3. What a great challenge! I can't wait :)
    -Love your LITTLE sister in Christ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it too. I'm excited to memorize 31 verses.
      Love your big sis in Christ. :-)

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of a 31 day challenge. I'm considering a few topics and will select one this evening. Thanks for the great post and excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you choose! ;-). Love ya!

      Delete
  5. As a part of my 31 day challenge, I am also randomly visiting 31 blogs throughout the month... and more than ONCE! I am linking those blogs on my sidebar... and you are one of them! I was looking for inspiring blogs to visit. :) Yours looks good to me! See you later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am soooo glad you chose to visit my blog. :-). Thanks for linking my blog to yours! Xoxo

      Delete
  6. What a great challenge! I need to remember those things about my prayers, too. Sometimes I want to speed through the "bad parts", also. Thanks for the great reminder!

    And thanks for linking up with the Weekend Blog Walk! See you again this Friday! :)

    Jillian
    Hi! It's Jilly

    ReplyDelete

I love connecting with you all through comments. Your words bring my heart joy.