Sunday, October 28, 2012

31 days of love...day 28 (God's comfort)



Someone I love is experiencing deep hurt and loss.  My heart aches for this person and all I can do is wrap my arms around her and let her cry.  Honestly, I feel so inadequate.  I wish I could take this pain from her.  It greatly hurts my heart to see her in such pain. 

This verse brings me comfort and the realization that I am doing exactly what God intends for me to do.  I am loving on her.  By my Father's example, I am able to wrap my arms around her and let her feel the comfort of love.  While this may not eliminate her pain, it does reinforce that she is not alone. 

I think on the many times that I have had pain in my life.  When I have reached out to God, He has loved me through it.  The pain may not have instantly vanished, but His love left me feeling protected. 

Do you know someone who is currently going through a valley?  God models for us how to love and comfort those around us.  Let's reach out to hurting people, wrap our arms around them, and drench them with the love that God so willingly shares with us.

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Marci! You are being a great friend:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. I lost a baby earlier this year. A few days after it happened, I was in the kitchen and all of a sudden I started crying and crying and crying. My husband walked up to me and held me tight. As much pain as I had gotten hit with at that very moment, it felt terrific to be held like that. Please do not feel inadequate. You may not be able to take the pain away, but holding someone while s/he is in pain sometimes is the most powerful gesture you can do.

    Karina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 100+ followers :)

    Marci, your friend is so blessed to have you being Jesus' warm embrance. Sometimes in the pain, a hug is the comfort we need to point our eyes to Jesus! You are beautiful and such an encouragement to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Hope you had a great weekend! I nominated you for the Liebster award! Check out my blog for all the details.

    XoXo
    Mariel
    http://livingforhisglory2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend is lucky to have you, and I bet she will be there for you when you experience the pain that is inevitable in all our lives. No one understands like someone who has also been through the same thing or something similar. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there, I discovered your blog via Google at the same time as searching for
    a related matter, your site got here up, it seems great.
    I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hello there, simply turned into aware of your blog thru Google, and found that it is truly informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I will be grateful for those who continue this in future. Lots of people will likely be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

    Here is my weblog - uktop40charts.com
    My page - http://www.jopuls.com/index.php?do=/profile-19726/info

    ReplyDelete

I love connecting with you all through comments. Your words bring my heart joy.