Thursday, October 18, 2012

31 days of love...day 18 (Thankfulness)

Psalm 50:14-15...Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, and keep the vows you made to the Most High.  Then call on Me when you are in trouble and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory.

This verse is meaningful to me for a number of reasons.  First, I prayed this verse often when my youngest child, Luke, needed surgery for a cyst in his neck.  He actually had two surgeries.  A third was imminent, but God answered our prayers in a very powerful way.  See this post for more on what happened.  This verse made me list the ways I was thankful each day.

This verse also has meaning to me because I can get into a negative zone.  I will whine rather than praise.  I am reminded that being thankful is a sacrifice.  When we are thankful to God, we pull the focus off of us and place it on Him. God loves us so very much that He blesses us beyond measure.  Our thankfulness shows Him we are grateful and we love Him back. 

I found this list on Pinterest.  Enjoy!

 
 
May our thankfulness be beautiful music to our Savior's ears.



Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I have always loved that 'thankful post'. I've read it a few times before. I need to remember that at this time in my life. Thank you for sharing and for leaving that sweet comment on my blog. It means a lot. xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tami, Never forget how loved you are. When we feel so alone it doesn't mean we are. Jesus NEVER leaves you.

      Delete
  2. Oh I loved that 'thankful post'. A lack of gratitude is the ultimate cause of entitlement. When we come to a place of humility, we can begin to recognize just how blessed we are.

    I know just last night at our small group we were talking about how marital bliss quickly turns into marital blisters! What little quirky qualities we loved about our spouses rub us the wrong way at times. It is great to step back and see the man that God has put in our life to love us and journey through life with us. It is taking the entitlement out of the relationship and replacing it with gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your line...a lack of gratitude is the ultimate cause of entitlement. That is so very true!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love your post! I'm thankful to live in a country with a social welfare program. We feed our children, regardless of the choices their parents make!

    When I am doing a lot of laundry, I am thankful that God provides us with all those clothes. That changes my outlook very quickly.

    Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend! When I focus on what I have it changes my entire outlook. I love that I have YOU as a friend! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Love Love Love this post! I am trying to stay focused on living a life of gratitude. It's easy to remember the big gift our Lord gave us - the gift of grace through the blood of our Savior. But not always so easy to remember all the little day to day gifts He showers over us.

    ReplyDelete

I love connecting with you all through comments. Your words bring my heart joy.