Wednesday, October 31, 2012

31 days of love...day 31 (The greatest love)


Ah, I saved the best for last.  Were some of you wondering if I had forgotten the greatest verse about love?  No way!  I planned all along to save it for the last day. :-)

I love my children more than the breath I take in.  I would do anything for them.  When they are filled with happiness, I almost can't contain myself.  On the other hand, when they are sad, my eyes fill with tears and I wish beyond anything that I could take their pain away.  When they need discipline, I have to remind myself that it is because I love them that I must redirect their behavior.  There are times that I look at them and gasp because I am so full of pure love for them. 

God loves us even more than we love our children.  He would do anything to show us His love and be able to have us live with Him for eternity.  He did the unthinkable.  He had His Son die on a wooden cross at the top of a hill with people mocking Him so that you and I could dwell in His house forever. 

It is easy to read this verse and think about the beauty of what Jesus did for mankind.  Take it one step further, my dear sister.  Consider if you were the only one on earth.  Jesus would have still been crucified and mocked.  He died for each one of us.  It was not for the whole of mankind.  It was for each of us individually.  That gives me chills and causes my heart to fill with awe for my sweet Savior.

As you go about your day, know that YOU are loved like crazy.  May you bow your head and thank Jesus for His gift of eternal life.  One day we will all dance together in heaven as we sing praises to our One and Only Love.

**This post is dedicated to our sweet Dr. James Twining.  Thank you Jesus for going to the cross so that he could have eternal life.  I smile as I think of him dancing and praising his One True Love.  I will forever love you Dr. T....

Photobucket