Friday, October 5, 2012

31 days of love...day 5



Galatians 5:22-23...But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, self-control.

As mothers we have more power than we sometimes realize.  Our words and actions can make or break our children's sweet spirits.  I have bitten my children with words before.  My heart sank as I watched their precious faces look downward.  Looking back on those times I realize my words were not from love, but from my flesh.  My flesh can be quite rude, selfish, and mean.  The love that the Holy Spirit fills us with never has any of those qualities. 

The next time I am tempted to speak to my children in my flesh tone, may I take a breath and speak with love, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control.  Won't you join me as we work to build our children up rather than tear them down?  Let's grow a generation of children who know love.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Marci! I find myself looking forward to reading you blog each day...it is such life for my soul!! Wow! What an amazing and huge responsibility being a mom is! I am nervous and excited for the day I step into that role, but know I will need women of faith to guide me each step of the way. Praying that you can speak words of love to your kids that reflect the Holy Spirit living inside of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan! I hope I honor God with all that I write. I love praising Him with my words. With God's help you will be an awesome mama. :-). There's nothing sweeter than holding and loving on precious babies given to you by God. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Marci! The Holy Spirit has been putting His finger on those words that aren't very loving and that tone that creeps in when I'm tired. Striving to honor Him with my words and building up my children in the process. Thank you for this reminder!
    PS Fall is my favorite season too. Loved your pictures this week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My flesh words stream out when I'm tired too. I really have to take a deep breath and think about my choice of words and tone. It's so nice to be able to blog with other women who strive to please God in all they do. :-). Xoxo

      Delete

I love connecting with you all through comments. Your words bring my heart joy.