Tuesday, October 30, 2012

31 days of love...day 30 (Freedom)


Freedom...
What does it really mean?  It is more than a word, it is a way of life. Freedom in Christ means you have been set free from the chains of strongholds and destructive thinking and living.

Prior to truly living in Christ and for Christ, I was a prisoner to numerous strongholds.  I feared rejection and loneliness.  I lived a life in constant search of love.  I was insecure and desperately seeking approval.  Aka...I was miserable.

Jesus reached down and saved me from me.  He cleared my head and my heart and made it available for true love that only comes from knowing my Savior.  As I fell to my knees in awe of His love, I was released from the chains I had grown accustomed to.  He cleansed me and set me free. 

As I reflect back on my life as a prisoner, I am amazed at how different my life is now.   I am free to be me and love my Jesus with a passion.  I no longer feel the chains cutting into my flesh and being left to gasp for air.  I am able to breath in the beautiful scent of my Savior's love and know, without a doubt, that my worth comes from Him.  There is no longer a desire to search for love.  Praise Jesus, it is ingrained into my soul. 

If you feel chained to a stronghold, Jesus can, and will, set you free.  His love unlocks the chains and sets you free to soar in His all powerful love.   Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. That is so my story also! I was in bondage and was finding my identity in physical appearance and worldly standards. Have you read "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore? Oh, it was phenomenal and provided me so much freedom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, girl...I LOVE Beth Moore! I have read "Breaking Free" but I haven't done the study. I was actually planning on doing it during the holidays. She shares her wisdom with so much humility and grace.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely and encouraging post. God bless you for sharing your heart. How great the love of Jesus is!

    2 Peter 1:2-4
    2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

    3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

    4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

    (I hope you don't mind my posting this scripture. When I read a post that makes me think of certain Bible verses, my habit is to add them. It is my way of fellowship, and I hope that people understand that is all it is.)

    :) Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never mind the sharing of Bible verses or anything else that touches someone. I truly appreciate you sharing it. The Word of God is so powerful and I love that we can use it in everything. Thank you for writing these verses out. Much love to you! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marci,
    What a beautiful feeling to know we are set free in Jesus name, great message Marci :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so grateful that He freely gave so that I might live. Beautifully written Marci!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen!! There is no sense of freedom or lightness like having the burden of sin lifted from your shoulders by the beautiful scarred hands of Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete

I love connecting with you all through comments. Your words bring my heart joy.